I enjoy writing occasional blog posts for this site and for tcgen.com – and I want to do this more frequently. Below is a Mind Map to show how we might write a blog on Book Marketing.
The question is how do I do it efficiently and result with a superior result? There are many ways, but probably there is a best way for most blogs. Lets see if this list makes sense:
- Generate the Topic – Combine signals from the market and areas where we have something to say
- Generate a Mind Map – Get the ideas and facts out on the table
- Define the key Messages – What are the few “So What’s”?
- Create an outline, capturing the flow of the piece
- Draft the Blog, don’t worry about typos, grammar, etc.
- Proof – Consider having an editor look it over
- Graphic – Create a meaningful graphic to anchor the piece
- Publish – Use WordPress to post, and ensure that you enter the Tags, Categories, and SEO inputs