My current setup has the following components:
- PC #1running: Reaper (DAW – Digital Audio Workstation (rather than Garage Band))
- PC #2 (Intel NUC w/ i7) running: (1) MAX MSP, and (2) SuperCollider
- iPad Pro (running various apps)
- Teensy (Arduino Clone) with a 16 Bit, stereo DAC/Audio Shield & Graphical Audio Design Tool (mixers, oscillators, envelope generators, reverb, etc.)
- Presonus iBox 2 as the 2 input USB ADC interfacing with Reaper
- Yamaha HS5 Powered Monitors (studio monitor standards – for a budget)
BTW, I currently have some amazing synth’s on my iPad – my favorite two are DRC (like mini-moog (but more powerful)) and Xynthesizr (a step sequencer on steroids). I plan to add Moog Magic to the list.