The Four Hour Workweek
October 19, 2007
DEAL – Definition, Elimination, Automation, Liberation
I. Definition of the Newly Rich
Establish your target monthly income
1. Retirement is worst case scenario insurance
2. Interest and energy are cyclical (mini-retirement)
3. Less is not laziness
4. Timing is never right
5. Ask for forgiveness, not permission
6. Emphasize strengths and don’t fix weaknesses
7. Things in excess become their opposite
8. Money alone is not the solution
9. Relative income is more important than absolute income
10. Distress is bad, eustress is good (harmful stimuli that make you weaker like abusive work situations)
II. Productivity (Elimination)
1. Pareto and the 80/20 rule – fire your customers
2. Parkinson’s law – Tasks swell to expand time alloted to them
3. Do both 1 & 2 at the same time
4. Fold 8 1/2 x 11″ paper 3 times to 4″ x 3″ and keep to do’s on that list (don’t use computer)
5. What are you doing to avoid the important?
6. Go on a low information diet, and cut subscriptions.
7. Check email 2 times a day and never in the morning!
8. Complete the most important task before 11 AM.
9. Why should meetings last more that 30 minutes?
10. Avoid meetings whenever possible.
1. Use virtual assistants.
2. Request excellent English and indicate phone calls will be required.
3. Give precise and time bounded assignments (24 & 48 hours).
4. One task at a time.
5. Elance.com (business) and yourmaninindia.com (personal and business). God for legal documents, website maintenance, proofing documents, market research.
6. Create a muse which is an automated vehicle for generating cash with out consuming time!
7. How to become an expert. Join trade associations, read 3 best sellers, give free seminars at close universities, and do the same to two big companies (branch offices), write an article for a trade magazine, and join profnet – www.prleads.com/discountpage, and expertclick.com
“Magic of Thinking Big” Schwartz “Walden”, Thoreau
“Vagabonding” Potts, Ralph “Less is More”, Vandenbroek, Goldian
“Monk and Riddle” Komisar, Randy “The 80/20 Principle” Kock, Richard